Humorous Quotes attributed to Harry Truman
1884-1972, 33rd President of the USA
- A politician is a man who understands
government and it takes a politician to run a government. A statesman is a
politician whoís been dead ten or fifteen years.
- All the president is, is a glorified public
relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing, and kicking people to
get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway.
- Any man who has had the job I've had and
didn't have a sense of humor wouldn't still be here.
- I don't give a damn about "The Missouri
Waltz" but I can't say it out loud because it's the song of Missouri.
It's as bad as "The Star-Spangled Banner" so far as music is
- I have found the best way to give advice to
your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.
- I never give them hell. I just tell the truth
and they think it's hell.
- If I'd known how much packing I'd have to do,
I'd have run again.
- If you canít stand the heat, get out of the
- It's a recession when your neighbor loses his
job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
- May the sun never set on American baseball.
- My choice early in life was either to be a
piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's
hardly any difference.
- Nixon is one of the few in the history of this
country to run for high office talking out of both sides of his mouth at the
same time and lying out of both sides.
- Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a Republican. But I repeat myself.
- The only things worth learning are the things
you learn after you know it all.
- The White House is the finest prison in the world.
- Washington is a very easy city for you to
forget where you came from and why you got there in the first place.
- When you get to be President, there are
all those things, the honors, the twenty-one gun salutes, all those
things. You have to remember it isnít for you. Itís for the Presidency.
- Whenever you have an efficient government you have a dictatorship.
- You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog.
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here