Humorous Quotes about
- I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars.
~ Abbie Hoffman
- I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
~ Albert Einstein
- Hell and damnation, life is such fun with a ragged greatcoat and a Jerry gun!
~ Alexander Blok
- It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it takes only twenty seconds of war to destroy him.
~ Baudouin I
- War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
~ Bertrand Russell
The cannon thunders... limbs fly in all directions... one can hear the groans of victims and the howling of those performing the sacrifice... it's Humanity in search of happiness.
~ Charles Baudelaire
- I feel sure that coups d'ťtat would go much better if there were seats, boxes, and stalls so that one could see what was happening and not miss anything.
~ Edmond and Jules De Goncourt
- No country has suffered so much from the ruins of war while being at peace as the American.
~ Edward Dahlberg
- In the arts of life man invents nothing; but in the arts of death he outdoes Nature herself, and produces by chemistry and machinery all the slaughter of plague, pestilence, and famine.
~ George Bernard Shaw
- The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it. ~ George Orwell
- We donít want wars even when we win. ~ Golda Meir
- War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands.
~ H. L. Mencken
- War is hell and all that, but it has a good deal to recommend it. It wipes out all the small nuisances of peace-time.
~ Ian Hay
- To say that war is madness is like saying that sex is madness: true enough, from the standpoint of a stateless eunuch, but merely a provocative epigram for those who must make their arrangements in the world as given.
~ John Updike
- Frankly, I'd like to see the government get out of war altogether and leave the whole field to private industry.
~ Joseph Heller
- How is the world ruled and led to war? Diplomats lie to journalists and believe these lies when they see them in print.
~ Karl Kraus
- War: first, one hopes to win; then one expects the enemy to lose; then, one is satisfied that he too is suffering; in the end, one is surprised that everyone has lost.
~ Karl Kraus
- Suppose they gave a war, and no one came? ~ Leslie Parrish-Bach
- War is a poor chisel to carve out tomorrow. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
~ Niccolo Machiavelli
- As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have it's fascination. When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular.
~ Oscar Wilde
- Sometimes I think war is Godís way of teaching us geography. ~ Paul Rodriguez
- The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. ~ Sun Tzu
- To establish any mode to abolish war, however advantageous it might be to Nations, would be to take from such Government the most lucrative of its branches.
~ Thomas Paine
- I think it better that in times like these a poet's mouth be silent, for in truth we have no gift to set a statesman right.
~ William Butler Yeats
- War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.
~ Winston Churchill
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here