Humorous Quotes attributed to Rudyard Kipling
1865-1936, British Author of Prose, Verse
- A woman's guess is much more accurate than a man's certainty.
- And a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
- Being kissed by a man who didn't wax his
moustache was--like eating an egg without salt.
- Borrow trouble for yourself, if that's your nature, but don't lend it to
- Daughter am I in my motherís house; But mistress in my own.
- For the sin ye do by two and two ye must pay for one by one.
- I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much trouble.
- I keep six honest serving-men,
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
- I never made a mistake in my life; at least, never one
that I couldn't explain away afterwards.
- If any question why we died,
Tell them, because our fathers lied.
- It is always a temptation to a rich and lazy nation,
To puff and look important and to say:-
'Though we know we should defeat you,
we have not the time to meet you,
We will therefore pay you cash to go away.'
- I've taken my fun where I've found it,
An' now I must pay for my fun,
For the more you 'ave known o' the others
The less will you settle to one.
- Take my word for it, the silliest woman can manage a clever man; but it
takes a very clever woman to manage a fool.
- The female of the species is more deadly than the male.
- We have forty million reasons for failure, but
not a single excuse.
- Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.
Have you checked out
this super book?
Back to Humorous Quotes
WorkingHumor.com now has a Facebook Page. It's still a baby, hasn't learnt how to dance yet
but maybe you're the one we're waiting for, to get the party started ;o!
Check it out here